Drainage & Stormwater Management Services
At GRO Outdoor Living, we provide the most advanced residential storm drain management services throughout Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR. Our talented landscape designers strategically place residential drains where they are most effective, resulting in a custom drainage solution that works to your benefit. Whether you want to absorb stormwater runoff into the underlying soil or redirect it away from your home’s foundation, we design and build a variety of residential drainage systems, including:
- Rain gardens
- Flow-through planters
- French drains
- Channel drains
- Irrigation ditches
- And more!
Why Stormwater Management is Important
Buildings, driveways, and other rainproof surfaces change the natural flow of water when it rains. In effect, these surfaces cause a large deposit of stormwater runoff, which travels to the lowest point of the property through oil stains, fertilizers, waste, and other pollutants. Without a proper stormwater system, this contaminated runoff can seep into ground water used for drinking as well as storm drains where it travels to lakes, streams, and even the ocean—thereby exposing harmful toxins to marine wildlife. Inadequate stormwater management can also:
- Clog storm drains and lead to flooding;
- Erode hillsides; and
- Deplete groundwater tables.
Benefits of Stormwater Management
A well-designed stormwater system offers many advantages. Specifically, they:
- Limit the spread of dangerous toxins;
- Recharge aquifers; and
- Protect against flooding, erosion, and other damage caused by drainage problems.
Rain gardens or flow-through planters are also beneficial, as they:
- Enhance the beauty of a yard and increase curb appeal;
- Create an environment that attracts birds and insects; and
- Require minimal maintenance, such as mowing, watering, fertilizing, etc.